This project really needs senior developer

Apr 30, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Hi, just downloaded source code. ImageHelper.GetDimensions is returning Tuple<int, int> to represent Width, Height of image. Why don't use existing .net Size class for that? Also, in EnumerableExtensions there are methods already exisiting in LINQ. Why to reinvent wheel?

May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I agree, code here requires some cleanup, I've also noticed some same problems.  But the only way to learn programming is to start programimng. This is not an industry standard project but rather way to learn to create ones.

Therefore your feedback is always appriciated. Post here, or even better create Issue, so developers and coordinators are notified of existing problems.

Coordinator
May 24, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Let me clarify a few assumptions and make some points:

1. The .NET framework is very extensive and no "Senior" developer is going to know about all the components / API of the framework.

You're making an assumption in thinking a developer to be intentionally "reinventing the wheel".

2. Do you expect a project to contain "perfect" code that does not need to be cleaned up?

3. Many things within this project may be"unconventional" and in some cases is what I'm going for.

This library is specifically built to address some of the complexity and lack of features in other libraries.