This project is read-only.

VS 2010 supported?

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi

Hope you don't mind me asking this... it's a real newbie question (and I really should know better)

I've downloaded this project and the sample app project too.

I'm trying to get these things running under VS 2010 Beta still using ASP.Net 3.5 with the installed MVC 2.0 Beta.

I can't seem to get the apps running correctly (or at some cases at all)

Is this just down to VS2010 issues? What platform should I ideally be running to test this? Is it VS2008 with MVC1?

Thanks

Stuart

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:13 PM

And now (just a minute after posting) I've found http://commonlibrarynetmvc.codeplex.com/documentation

"This ASP.NET MVC 2 Application Template uses Visual Studio 2008, ASP.NET MVC RC 2, CommonLibrary.NET ( project on codeplex )"

My guess is that maybe I need to update to RC2? More installer fun - back later!

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Stuart,

The ASP.NET MVC 2 Application Template was built using the latest source code of CommonLibrary.NET ( 0.9.4 ), not the current stable version 0.9.3.

I haven't tested the library with VS 2010.

Will take a look at that soon though.

Thanks.

- Kishore

Jan 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM
No Worries - Thanks for getting back to me.

I've built now using VS2008 - only VS problem I had was trying to get VS2008 to ignore the MVC 1.0 framework - eventually I just deleted the old reference, uninstalled V1, then added a new reference.

I also hit some small snags in the app - the HtmlPage's seem to have some mismatch with Category - I think maybe this isn't in the installed .dll - you only notice this (compile errors) in the admin code.

Thanks again for getting back to me and for the project :)

Stuart
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM
The 0.9.5 version of CommonLibrary is now built against .NET C# 4.0 - kishore