LIGHT-WEIGHT AUTOMATION API
- an xml file has commands in the form of elements/nodes ( e.g. "<command name="helloworld" hello="hola" />" )
- attributes can be applied to classes to represent the class as a command.
- the "commands" in an xml file will map to the commands defined by the attributes
- a script runner will exist that takes the in the xml file and run the commands in the file by loading the classes associated w/ the commands in xml.
This is extremely useful for import/export purposes as well as other automation purposes.
- Powershell was reviewed for usability, and as good a tool as it is, I wanted something even lighter and more importantly the commands are supposed to be part of an application and not separate from it.
SAMPLE XML FILE:
<command name="HelloWorld" arg1="abc" arg2="123" />
<command name="DeleteAllPosts" byuser="kreddy" />
<command name="CreateUser" username="testuser1" password="abcdef" email="email@example.com" />
public class CommandHello : Command
public override bool DoExecute(object context)
// ... do something.