Feedback

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM
I would like to hear some feed back from anyone who has downloaded this and taken a look at the codebase.

Thanks.

-Kishore Reddy
Apr 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Hi Kishore
This looks like a great set of utilities, I am particularly interested in the HolidayCalendarUtils and would greatly appreciate some documentation or a sample app that would instruct me in its usage.
Thanks
Vikram
Coordinator
May 3, 2009 at 3:52 AM
Hey Vikram,

I've uploaded a sample application in the latest version that's available for download. ( see the Official Stable Release with the Source Code )

There is a specific example for U.S. holiday calendar usage in that sample.
The only limitation right now is that you can't specify relative dates ( e.g. 3rd thursday of November ) things like that.
But I will be including this functionality in the next release.

Thanks.

-Kishore
Aug 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM

This looks very impressive, I'm looking forward trying it out :)

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM

So far I'm liking what I'm seeing, few suggestions though. I'm having some difficulties navigating to associated/inherited objects as they are spreaded around in many folders. I would like e.g. enities related to object persistence, mapping, validation and so forth to be put in more logical grouping/structure like: DataAccessLayerUtils/ActiveRecord

DataAccessLayerUtils/Data

DomainUtils/Repository

DomainUtils/EntityManager

DomainUtils/DomainModel

It might even be a good thing to move the interfaces to a seperate assemby.

But I do like you're library, it has a lot of value in it and I'll be definately using some of the features in it :)

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM

vthh50,

Thanks for the feedback. Looking back on the folder structure. I agree with your ideas regarding folder structure. I will soon be moving the EntityManager to the Domain Model folder.

Regarding the other "modules/components"

1. Data - The simplified use of ADO.NET is separate from a Domain Model and is kept in a separate folder for clear visibility to a consumer of the code.

2. Repository - Similar idea as #1, I sometimes use the Repository as standalone rather than inside of a Domain Model.

BTW:

Check out the latest sourcecode.. it's got :

1. great examples of many of the components.

2. bug fixes ( offical Beta Build 1 of 0.9.2 version ) is out.

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM
kishore_reddy wrote:
Hey Vikram,

I've uploaded a sample application in the latest version that's available for download. ( see the Official Stable Release with the Source Code )

There is a specific example for U.S. holiday calendar usage in that sample.
The only limitation right now is that you can't specify relative dates ( e.g. 3rd thursday of November ) things like that.
But I will be including this functionality in the next release.

Thanks.

-Kishore

Hi Kishore,

I really appreciate you effort on creating this library. I was wondering if you are planing to support it in the future (having the source code really helps, but your support may be needed at some point). Have you also changed your mind on implementing this relative-dates functionality? I believe this could be very useful.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 4:53 AM

umuts, The relative dates feature is supported now. Take a look at the file "HolidayCalenderTests.cs" in the <root>\src\tests\CommonLibrary.Tests folder.

I'm looking to provide better support after this release ( which i'm trying to get an alpha build out but is taking a bit longer due to testing the library and some new features ). Will provide some updates on this discussion board about support soon.